Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 06:23 AM   #13530 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Thanks for posting this interesting story, OH. It must be very worrying for Angela Merkel - especially the knowledge that a similar incident could occur again at any moment.
Sorry if it sounds pedantic, but isn't there a distinction between a Syrian and Iraqui guy being suspected of murder and Syria annexing a town? I wonder if you can join the dots for us without recourse to far-right propaganda.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
You and a few others here also have a difficult time wrapping your minds around a very simple fact: if you want to put Trump away for something, it would be helpful if his political opposition weren't complicit in similar crimes.
^ I think I have successfully wrapped my head around your idea, Anteater, and in fact it's absolutely true. Unfortunately, as others have said, it's legally irrelevent.

Many of Trumps cries, allegations and promises have borne no fruit at all when tested in irl: "Lock her up","Obama is phone-tapping me", "Who will pay for the wall? Mexico!" If I were a Trump supporter, I'd be wondering by now why nothing has come of these claims; I might even make a comparison about investigations into the Clintons and investigations conducted by Mueller. If I then found this score card on line, I suspect my loyalty to Trump would be tested to breaking point :-

^ If these stats are true, 12 years of investigating the Clintons have found nothing worth indicting on. Mueller's investigation has come up with a bunch of legal liabilities after just a year. More importantly, Mueller's investigation is throwing light on the real and present danger of continued Russian meddling.

(My apologies for posting a photo that says, "Enough said" at the bottom. That's a very rude and arrogant way to contribute to a discussion imo.)