Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem
Thread: Eminem
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #556 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
So what if a gay person disagrees with you?
"A", single gay person? Or 5 gay people? Or a thousand? They would still be in the vast minority of gay people (and obviously brainwashed into thinking it's somehow ok). The general consensus is that it's offensive and should not be used.
Quote:
Yet you've just used it?
I haven't used it to describe anybody, and I never would, obviously. I merely acknowledged its existence.

Quote:
You're not arguing the same thing as me. It's a homophobic word, but you can use it without being homophobic.
Nope. You can't. Sorry to burst your bubble. There is no way of using it (against someone) in a non-homophobic way because the essential idea of using it against someone is to disparage that person and gay people as a group. Same thing with the n-word or any number of other offensive terms used throughout the world to belittle and discriminate against another group of people.

As OH has so succinctly put it, n-word=f-word. I've spoken about this in my thread about the leeway rap gets to have about this while no one would dream about using the n-word in a similar context, which only indicates how much further we have to go to eradicate casual and other kind of homophobia.

Btw, to be specific, this is the full lyric:

"Tyler create nothin', I see why you called yourself a f****t, bitch
It's not just 'cause you lack attention
It's because you worship D12's balls, you're sack-religious
"

Belittling a man by implying they suck another man's balls is not homophobic to you?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote