Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Video Game Classics: Batman Arkham City
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Games with big budgets are bad games guys
I don't know if that's what he's implying but if it is, that's just god damn silly.

Certain developers actually improve their game when they get a pretty significant funding behind it or get approved a pretty significant budget. I will say that it can have a negative effect on a games development as well. Plus, more budget means more stuff you can put into a game. Again, it can have a negative effect but I'm more so inclined to check out a game that states they had a big budget behind it. I may not always like it, but its there. That's not always the case of course. As I do love a lot of early access games in general so...

Maybe this is more specifically aimed toward Early Access games, but I'm more than happy to support a developer that is just up front and says that they simply need more funding to get their game going. Dead Cells is a really good example and I know I've hit this nail several times. But they started in Early Access, got people's attention and eventually allowed them to fully complete the game and reach 1.0 status and get out of Early Access. They did in several months btw. I don't think it's even been in development for more than 2 years? I could be wrong. Yeah, wiki confirms that they spent only about a year in Early Access. Pretty amazing tbh.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote