Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #55491 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
You're about to be a grandfather. Act like one.
Can you email me a copy of the manual? Seriously, I am now officially a grandfather. Is this the first grandchild born on MB?

Spoiler for Details:
Sherri was admitted Sunday evening at 9. There's some stuff they had to do to get the water to break before giving her the inducement meds. Painful stuff.

Her water broke yesterday afternoon and they started the IV drip. For some reason with the inducement drugs the pain of contractions is worse than normal. My RN sister tried to explain it to me but it flew over my head.

She held off as long as she could but finally agreed to a spinal epidural at 8 this morning. The docs told Scott that they couldn't believe she'd held out that long.

The problem with some women an epidurals is that it can affect the ability to push cause you've numbed the crap out of your lower body. Sherri is a pretty small girl so this is what happened with her.

Finally tonight around 6 they decided to use forceps because she was simply too exhausted to do it on her own. Scott sent us a picture of when they handed her daughter to her right after birth. Goosebump ****.

Both sides of the family agreed not visit tonight to give them all a chance to bond and rest. They've all just been through a 45 hour childbirth experience.

I'll post a pic of me and my new granddaughter tomorrow. Along with a waiver signed by her.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote