Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #152 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojesus
Merk I see what you mean about Hip-Hop being a phase that America is going through, but to be honest I can't really see it ending.
And Expletive, in my opinion Britain does have the best Indie bands. That's not to take anything away from American Indie bands, but over here in Britain we recognise talent more. Bands can go from being nobody's to stars in the space of a week, all down to their talent. In America you seem to waste the talent that you have, setting them aside to make way for the next generic RnB singer or another one of 50's bull**** songs.
So just because Britain's famous bands are slightly better than average (c'mon now, The Libertines? Arctic Monkeys? You can't seriously think those bands are better than any American Indie band) that means British bands are better than American ones? The British Indie scene at the moment is full of talentless nu-Britpop bands and Libertines knockoffs. Half the bands that do get famous are really no better than America's popstars and gangsta rappers, the only difference is that British bands are hyped beyond reason and actually play rock music.

Just because the majority of stupid Americans can't recognize that our bands are good, doesn't mean we don't have amazing bands. How much recognition they get says nothing of a band's actual talent.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote