Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #173 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Modest Mouse are great, as anyone who has heard more than "Float On" will tell you. Then again, you named The White Stripes, The Mars Volta, Rilo Kiley, The Strokes and Tool for the US side, all subpar or slightly better than average bands.

Arctic Monkeys are only marginally better than Bright Eyes, whom I hate with a passion. Not as good as MM or Interpol, though.

One of those bands makes up for Nickelback, and a million other crappy bands out of Canada.
Oh come on, they are easly a top canidate for worst band of the new millennium.

I have heard all of good news and MAA...They're pretty mediocre albums....Hell most of their songs sound the same, the lyrics range from obscure gibberish to something out of a poorly written childrens novel, not that the lyrics make the music, but the music itself sucks, they re-use plenty of the same riffs (which closely resemble ringtones) and Issac Brocks vocals are somewhat of a cross between Bullwinkle, D.Boon and Elmer Fudd, only a hell of lot more annoying than one can imagine, my ass can sing better and without the lisp too, and overall none of them seem to put much effort into what they are doing, its like a bunch of mentaly challenged inmates doing a dozen alternate versions of Itsy Bitsy Spider and Roll Roll Roll The Boat.

And The Mars Volta and Tool are great, and the fact that sites like pitchfork media are so closed minded that they shun everything not indie and choose to praise Garbage no talent bands like Modest Mouse (which kids listen to because Spin and Blender tell them it makes them cool) is very troubling, its basicly encouraging younger kids to make intentionly horrible music and maybe just maybe they will have a best selling record, bands dont even have to try anymore to make it big, at least in this country.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote