Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #171 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Plus you brits probably dont have to put up with sh*tty yet popular nu metal and pop punk bands quite as much as we do.

Plus im sure british radio dosent just play Puddle Of Mudd, Three Doors Down and Nickelback all day.
You`d be surprised , daytime radio wanks over that stuff like you would not beleive. Just take a look at Radio 1`s current playlist....

Corinne Bailey Rae Put Your Records On
The Black Eyed Peas Pump It
Mary J Blige & U2 One (03/04)
James Blunt Wisemen
Editors All Sparks (27/03)
Embrace Nature's Law (20/03)
The Feeling Sewn
Foo Fighters No Way Back
Gnarls Barkley Crazy (03/04)
The Kooks Naive (27/03)
Madonna Sorry
Ne*Yo So Sick (23/03)
Joey Negro Make A Move On Me
Orson No Tomorrow
Pink Stupid Girls (20/03)
The Pussycat Dolls feat. Will.i.Am Beep
Shapeshifters Incredible
The Streets When You Wasn't Famous (27/03)
Sugababes Red Dress
Kanye West featuring Lupe Fiasco Touch The Sky

See plenty of crap in there
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #172 (permalink)
Pow!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
You`d be surprised , daytime radio wanks over that stuff like you would not beleive. Just take a look at Radio 1`s current playlist....

Corinne Bailey Rae Put Your Records On
The Black Eyed Peas Pump It
Mary J Blige & U2 One (03/04)
James Blunt Wisemen
Editors All Sparks (27/03)
Embrace Nature's Law (20/03)
The Feeling Sewn
Foo Fighters No Way Back
Gnarls Barkley Crazy (03/04)
The Kooks Naive (27/03)
Madonna Sorry
Ne*Yo So Sick (23/03)
Joey Negro Make A Move On Me
Orson No Tomorrow
Pink Stupid Girls (20/03)
The Pussycat Dolls feat. Will.i.Am Beep
Shapeshifters Incredible
The Streets When You Wasn't Famous (27/03)
Sugababes Red Dress
Kanye West featuring Lupe Fiasco Touch The Sky

See plenty of crap in there
its actually quite scary how bad the radios become, looking at it now. i met badger and emma from the wave, what ****s.
littleknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #173 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Modest Mouse are great, as anyone who has heard more than "Float On" will tell you. Then again, you named The White Stripes, The Mars Volta, Rilo Kiley, The Strokes and Tool for the US side, all subpar or slightly better than average bands.

Arctic Monkeys are only marginally better than Bright Eyes, whom I hate with a passion. Not as good as MM or Interpol, though.



One of those bands makes up for Nickelback, and a million other crappy bands out of Canada.
Oh come on, they are easly a top canidate for worst band of the new millennium.

I have heard all of good news and MAA...They're pretty mediocre albums....Hell most of their songs sound the same, the lyrics range from obscure gibberish to something out of a poorly written childrens novel, not that the lyrics make the music, but the music itself sucks, they re-use plenty of the same riffs (which closely resemble ringtones) and Issac Brocks vocals are somewhat of a cross between Bullwinkle, D.Boon and Elmer Fudd, only a hell of lot more annoying than one can imagine, my ass can sing better and without the lisp too, and overall none of them seem to put much effort into what they are doing, its like a bunch of mentaly challenged inmates doing a dozen alternate versions of Itsy Bitsy Spider and Roll Roll Roll The Boat.

And The Mars Volta and Tool are great, and the fact that sites like pitchfork media are so closed minded that they shun everything not indie and choose to praise Garbage no talent bands like Modest Mouse (which kids listen to because Spin and Blender tell them it makes them cool) is very troubling, its basicly encouraging younger kids to make intentionly horrible music and maybe just maybe they will have a best selling record, bands dont even have to try anymore to make it big, at least in this country.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #174 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
I think Britain benefits from being a much smaller country than the US. Here things that are wildly popular in one part of the nation could be completely unknown elsewhere. I don't know if this happens in the UK as well (it probably does), but in a country so large it's much more apparent.
I don`t know about that , I can see what you`re saying but on the other hand most of the major labels are U.S. based so what you get forced down your throat over there we get as well , so British bands are trying to compete with that also.You turn on MTV over here & I doubt it`s that different to whats shown over there.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #175 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Oh come on, they are easly a top canidate for worst band of the new millennium.

I have heard all of good news and MAA...They're pretty mediocre albums....Hell most of their songs sound the same, the lyrics range from obscure gibberish to something out of a poorly written childrens novel, not that the lyrics make the music, but the music itself sucks, they re-use plenty of the same riffs (which closely resemble ringtones) and Issac Brocks vocals are somewhat of a cross between Bullwinkle, D.Boon and Elmer Fudd, only a hell of lot more annoying than one can imagine, my ass can sing better and without the lisp too, and overall none of them seem to put much effort into what they are doing, its like a bunch of mentaly challenged inmates doing a dozen alternate versions of Itsy Bitsy Spider and Roll Roll Roll The Boat.
Modest Mouse haven't been "new" for about ten years. What albums have you listened to? I really can't imagine anyone listening to more than one album by MM and then saying all their songs sound the same and they use all the same riffs. Even on, say, Moon & Antarctica their sound changes drastically throughout the course of the whole album.

Quote:
And The Mars Volta and Tool are great, and the fact that sites like pitchfork media are so closed minded that they shun everything not indie and choose to praise Garbage no talent bands like Modest Mouse, its very troubling, i assume you are one of them.
The Mars Volta are a boring, God awful excuse for "experimental" music. And I assume you're an asshole if you decide to pigeonhole me just because I don't like a pair of mediocre bands.

I don't even read Pitchfork, and even if I did so what? Pitchfork doesn't decide what I listen to.

And saying you hate Pitchfork and everyone who reads it is just as closeminded as reading Pitchfork and listening to whatever it says.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #176 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Even on, say, Moon & Antarctica their sound changes drastically throughout the course of the whole album.
I bought that album when it came out because of people raving about it.
I fell asleep halfway through & never bothered with them again.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #177 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I don`t know about that , I can see what you`re saying but on the other hand most of the major labels are U.S. based so what you get forced down your throat over there we get as well , so British bands are trying to compete with that also.You turn on MTV over here & I doubt it`s that different to whats shown over there.
True, but someone living in the middle of Ohio might not like the same thing as someone living in the South, or in New York, or the Midwest. I'm not saying that the UK isn't as diverse as the US, just that it's more apparent in a larger country.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #178 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Modest Mouse haven't been "new" for about ten years. What albums have you listened to? I really can't imagine anyone listening to more than one album by MM and then saying all their songs sound the same and they use all the same riffs. Even on, say, Moon & Antarctica their sound changes drastically throughout the course of the whole album.



The Mars Volta are a boring, God awful excuse for "experimental" music. And I assume you're an asshole if you decide to pigeonhole me just because I don't like a pair of mediocre bands.
I told you i heard M&A...And i assume by "drasticly changing" you mean "they go from accoustic to electric" or something like that?

Im pigeonholing you only because you like Modest Mouse, and my biased hatred for that band inspires to hate everyone who does like them, its a bad habit.

And you havent read pitchforks reviews, they are pretty horrible.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #179 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I bought that album when it came out because of people raving about it.
I fell asleep halfway through & never bothered with them again.
Understandable, parts of it are a bit boring. I was just using it as an example, I actually prefer Lonesome Crowded West. It surprises me that M&A is more often hailed as their masterpiece, when everyone I know thinks LCW is much better.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #180 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Explative, what in the name of God do you listen to? Looking at some of the statements people have quoted from you, even just here on 18 makes me think you have horrid taste in music.

You bashed great bands from about three diffrent genres of music. Unless your one of the "older is better" crowd, i can't imagine when sludges from your Stereo.

And what is your vote by the way, because it seems to have no preference, you just hate everything equally.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.