Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #175 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Oh come on, they are easly a top canidate for worst band of the new millennium.

I have heard all of good news and MAA...They're pretty mediocre albums....Hell most of their songs sound the same, the lyrics range from obscure gibberish to something out of a poorly written childrens novel, not that the lyrics make the music, but the music itself sucks, they re-use plenty of the same riffs (which closely resemble ringtones) and Issac Brocks vocals are somewhat of a cross between Bullwinkle, D.Boon and Elmer Fudd, only a hell of lot more annoying than one can imagine, my ass can sing better and without the lisp too, and overall none of them seem to put much effort into what they are doing, its like a bunch of mentaly challenged inmates doing a dozen alternate versions of Itsy Bitsy Spider and Roll Roll Roll The Boat.
Modest Mouse haven't been "new" for about ten years. What albums have you listened to? I really can't imagine anyone listening to more than one album by MM and then saying all their songs sound the same and they use all the same riffs. Even on, say, Moon & Antarctica their sound changes drastically throughout the course of the whole album.

Quote:
And The Mars Volta and Tool are great, and the fact that sites like pitchfork media are so closed minded that they shun everything not indie and choose to praise Garbage no talent bands like Modest Mouse, its very troubling, i assume you are one of them.
The Mars Volta are a boring, God awful excuse for "experimental" music. And I assume you're an asshole if you decide to pigeonhole me just because I don't like a pair of mediocre bands.

I don't even read Pitchfork, and even if I did so what? Pitchfork doesn't decide what I listen to.

And saying you hate Pitchfork and everyone who reads it is just as closeminded as reading Pitchfork and listening to whatever it says.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote