Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #14460 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
This is a boat that has already sailed, hasn't it?

Not a great reason to push that boat along further.
^ Well, yes and no. Can you push along a boat that's already sailed? TBH, I'm happy to forget about this metaphor if you are, Frownland.

Quote:
Trump brought us there, but she made the jump into that abyss. That's stooping to his level. This move might get her a lot of high fives at the gym, but like steroids, that can be very unhealthy and artificial.
^ You started this morning by laughing your a off about the Warren story being headline news, but now you seem determined to paint it as some dark turning point in the history of American politics.

I see your point, windsock, but then what were her options? If she hadn't done the test, the whole Pocahontas story might've dribbled on for months with Trump's mounting accusations that she was afraid to submit to a test. If Frownland and the MSM could only let the story go, then Warren will have nipped that whole Birther-style nonstory scenario in the bud.

*ahem* :-
Quote:
A story that I though would get more coverage is about the 53,000 voter applications put on hold in Georgia. Kemp is blocking voters' rights on a bureaucratic technicality while simultaneously running as a candidate in the electorial fight. Has anyone ever seen a boxing match in which one of the boxers is also the referee? It's so obviously unfair as far as I can see. It's a blatant disruption of the democratic process, but because it's to the Republicans' advantage, there isn't a single check or balance that's stopping it - all the checks and balances are now in the hands of the Republicans.