Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #14451 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Your master-level lazy analysis is clearly bulletproof.
Feel free to refute it with something that isn't a disingenuous argument that presumes guilt. The burden of proof isn't on Kavanaugh: she has to provide corroborative evidence with consistent details. So far she's done a bad job at that. If she can pull it off, then he really will be derailed from the SCOTUS nomination process and everyone can pat themselves on the back. This isn't anything like Bill Cosby's case where there was an overwhelming amount of evidence that supported his accusers.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-19-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #14452 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,934
Default

OH already did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:47 PM   #14453 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
OH already did.
My response to you also applies to his comment.

Since it's unlikely that the FBI will do an investigation, if she doesn't show up on Monday then he's a done deal for SCOTUS. We'll just have to see what happens.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #14454 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,795
Default

He’s getting approved.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #14455 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
My response to you also applies to his comment.

Since it's unlikely that the FBI will do an investigation, if she doesn't show up on Monday then he's a done deal for SCOTUS. We'll just have to see what happens.
How can you demand a refutation of a refutation? You say dumb **** that doesn't require a whole paragraph.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #14456 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Chula defends Page for raping a 14-year-old girl and Ant defends a judge for trying to rape another girl. They really are the same person.
Maddox was a willing participant. Page even asked her mom for her permission to have Lori accompany him on tour. And Maddox remembers it fondly.





Ant, this woman has a very successful career and is widely respected in her field. She had no reason to come forward other than her conscience.

Way different than the porn-stars and Playboy models that have accused Trump. And Judge doesn't want to testify because he's afraid of perjuring himself for lying, or not reporting the incident at the time.

Do you actually own a "It's the Victim's Fault" t-shirt?
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #14457 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Maddox was a willing participant. Page even asked her mom for her permission to have Lori accompany him on tour. And Maddox remembers it fondly.
And if you were her father?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #14458 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
And if you were her father?
Probably wouldn't have been very happy. But you calling it rape is pure hyperbole.

The thing that bugs me with Kavanaugh is his defenders that keep bringing up these two points to defend him.

1. If true, it happened soooo many years ago. I mean, he was just a kid.

2. If true, it was a one off situation because unlike Cosby, no-one else has stepped forward.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #14459 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
you calling it statutory rape is pure legal terminology.
*cough*
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #14460 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
*cough*
Legally, you are correct. But those were different times in the rock circles. Starz magazine actually provided a platform for underage girls to connect with rockers in their 20s. Right or wrong, that was the scene at the time, and most rockers took full advantage of it.

__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.