Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #1162 (permalink)
under
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
I respect your opinion, Rain Dog, but sadly, racism will never die. It's been around forever, and as long as those people who grow old but not up continue to procreate, they will pass their ignorance on to their children.

My own personal opinion is racism is in fact, rampant. It's ignorance, plain and simple.

I am glad no one has used the term 'reverse racism' in this thread. That drives me nuts. LOL. Racism is racism, period. If you're one race, and don't like another race, soley because of their race, that's racism. 'Reverse racism', as best I can figure, would be hating your own race.

It angers me that during the race riots and even before, back to Rosa Parks and those people, minorities fought and died for nothing more than to be treated equally. These trailblazers fought for desegregation,equal rights, the right to vote, etc, etc, etc.

And since then, what have minorites done? Segregated themselves. Black colleges, black film awards, black music awards, black caucus, etc, etc, etc. It's a direct slap in the face of any minority who stood up for the right to be treated the same as whites, in my opinion. People fail to see that this, also, is a form of racism. Imagine a 'white music awards', or whatever. What would that be called? Exactly.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, myself included, has been guilty of racism at one point or another in their lives. Regardless of their color.

On a side note, another thing that drives me crazy is people insisting on being called African American. Or Irish American, or German American, whatever.

Unless one of your parents was born in America, and one in Africa, you are not African American. You're American. Same goes for any country. My Grandmother was German. My Grandfather was Irish. Both my parents were born in American. Regardless of my bloodlines, I'm American.
I totally agree because people won't get it ever because nobody is ever gonna stop people from being racist.

Although it is a horrible thing, I don't see it wounding down because all I am seeing is that people who are like 7 or 8 years old are starting to pick up the language we use so than when they're teenagers, they will be just as racist as who they heard it from.

Also the teenagers who are racist in school or around their neighborhood should be watched over if they're caught being racist because that coudl totally help with wounding down the amount of racist people.

Although it will never die, we can also try to stop racism in america because at least we will know that we tried to stop racism.
under is offline   Reply With Quote