Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #1161 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
And since then, what have minorites done? Segregated themselves. Black colleges, black film awards, black music awards, black caucus, etc, etc, etc. It's a direct slap in the face of any minority who stood up for the right to be treated the same as whites, in my opinion. People fail to see that this, also, is a form of racism. Imagine a 'white music awards', or whatever. What would that be called? Exactly.
I'm really glad that was pointed out, I completely agree with that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #1162 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
I respect your opinion, Rain Dog, but sadly, racism will never die. It's been around forever, and as long as those people who grow old but not up continue to procreate, they will pass their ignorance on to their children.

My own personal opinion is racism is in fact, rampant. It's ignorance, plain and simple.

I am glad no one has used the term 'reverse racism' in this thread. That drives me nuts. LOL. Racism is racism, period. If you're one race, and don't like another race, soley because of their race, that's racism. 'Reverse racism', as best I can figure, would be hating your own race.

It angers me that during the race riots and even before, back to Rosa Parks and those people, minorities fought and died for nothing more than to be treated equally. These trailblazers fought for desegregation,equal rights, the right to vote, etc, etc, etc.

And since then, what have minorites done? Segregated themselves. Black colleges, black film awards, black music awards, black caucus, etc, etc, etc. It's a direct slap in the face of any minority who stood up for the right to be treated the same as whites, in my opinion. People fail to see that this, also, is a form of racism. Imagine a 'white music awards', or whatever. What would that be called? Exactly.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, myself included, has been guilty of racism at one point or another in their lives. Regardless of their color.


On a side note, another thing that drives me crazy is people insisting on being called African American. Or Irish American, or German American, whatever.

Unless one of your parents was born in America, and one in Africa, you are not African American. You're American. Same goes for any country. My Grandmother was German. My Grandfather was Irish. Both my parents were born in American. Regardless of my bloodlines, I'm American.
I totally agree because people won't get it ever because nobody is ever gonna stop people from being racist.

Although it is a horrible thing, I don't see it wounding down because all I am seeing is that people who are like 7 or 8 years old are starting to pick up the language we use so than when they're teenagers, they will be just as racist as who they heard it from.

Also the teenagers who are racist in school or around their neighborhood should be watched over if they're caught being racist because that coudl totally help with wounding down the amount of racist people.

Although it will never die, we can also try to stop racism in america because at least we will know that we tried to stop racism.
under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #1163 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I disagree, watching racist people? that pretty much kills freedom of speech and thinking. While I don't agree with racism, you can't criminally punish racist people for their beliefs. If they murder black people, or break the law against them, then yeah. But if they just are racist and don't do anything about it, then they aren't really doing anything illegal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 PM   #1164 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,056
Default

That's true,

well at least I tried....
under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 PM   #1165 (permalink)
FUC K THE GOVERNMENT
 
punk-4-life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 214
Default

i live in new mexico and im realy realy realy white and at my school there are so many mexicans that hate because im white so ifn you think theres no racism in america and your white go to a gehto in new mexico and youll see racists every where
punk-4-life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #1166 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,056
Default

I have gone to NW and I have seen alot of racism there but maybe they don't have the same rules as we do up here in the U.S

You never know maybe the government down there doesn't care as much about racism as we do .

I get your point but I mean you gotta think about like what different laws people may have.
under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #1167 (permalink)
jr.
Seeker of Peace
 
jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Newark, De.
Posts: 341
Default

It is smaller now than it was 20, 30, 40 years ago, obviously. People are a lot more tolerant of one another, and that comes with the education of today's generation. N**ger was a word used a lot when I was a ckid. I heard it almost daily, and said it just as much. I'm not proud of it, but I won't deny it. It was what I grew up with. The late 60's and early 70s. And even then, it wasn't as bad as the decade before that, and before that.

I grew older, and learned, though.

Heck, my kids didn't even know the word until they heard it on MTV. I remember distictly, when my son was around 6 or so, saying he was going two houses down to play with Darryl. I asked him who Darryl was, and he said "My brown friend". I mean, as far as Luke (my son) was concerned, the only difference between Darryl and his other friends was, his hair was curly. LOL.

Race is a non-issue in my home, because we've never made it an issue, especially where my kids are concerned.
__________________
Be strong then, and enter into your own body;
there you have a solid place for your feet. ~ Kabir
jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #1168 (permalink)
FUC K THE GOVERNMENT
 
punk-4-life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 214
Default

all i got to say about racism is FUCK IT
punk-4-life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #1169 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.


On a side note, another thing that drives me crazy is people insisting on being called African American. Or Irish American, or German American, whatever.

Unless one of your parents was born in America, and one in Africa, you are not African American. You're American. Same goes for any country. My Grandmother was German. My Grandfather was Irish. Both my parents were born in American. Regardless of my bloodlines, I'm American.
You`re so right

Using that analagy that would make me French Norfolkian.

I think i`ll stick to being Sarnian
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #1170 (permalink)
The Forums Sadistic Ghost
 
Ma Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: beyond midnight, in the abyss of time, the syren in the night
Posts: 457
Default

my mom is from america, my dad from germany, i'm geman american

don't call me a nazi!
__________________
I'm not a freak on a leash, I'm just the freak holding the leash.

http://www.myspace.com/yukiko_mori

Ma Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.