Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #8241 (permalink)
rostasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Holy moly, thanks! May the keeping of count never end!

Incidentally, what is last.fm for now aside from keeping track of what you're listening to? Are there any other features people are using it for?

I use it now only to keep track, I have a plugin for winamp, so only for my computer listening. I used to be able to track my phone scrobbles but then at some point you had to install the app to do that which made it cumbersome.
Well, that makes sense that your phone has to have something to talk to Last.Fm in order for it to “know” what you’re listening to.

I got social with some folks there starting about 15 years ago, but after CBS bought it a few years later, it started to go downhill with extra rules and unnecessary BS. So, I started doing some subversive type stuff that I won’t go into, but let’s say that I was able to call their bluff on some things. I hated that you weren’t allowed to have more than a million “scrobbles” - that it would just seize up, so after the first million, I opened another account and did a million more. I stopped after then and didn’t come back for 2 years - then they changed the million maximum rule and I decided to use it to keep track of things I was listening to - mainly for the folks who were listening to my “Random Radio” feed. Don’t use it for much more than that these days.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote