Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #8242 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Well, that makes sense that your phone has to have something to talk to Last.Fm in order for it to “know” what you’re listening to.
At some point, you were able to download the scrobbles when you hooked up your iphone to the computer but now that doesn't work anymore, dunno why.

Quote:
I got social with some folks there starting about 15 years ago, but after CBS bought it a few years later, it started to go downhill with extra rules and unnecessary BS. So, I started doing some subversive type stuff that I won’t go into, but let’s say that I was able to call their bluff on some things. I hated that you weren’t allowed to have more than a million “scrobbles” - that it would just seize up, so after the first million, I opened another account and did a million more. I stopped after then and didn’t come back for 2 years - then they changed the million maximum rule and I decided to use it to keep track of things I was listening to - mainly for the folks who were listening to my “Random Radio” feed. Don’t use it for much more than that these days.
Yeah, it used to be about much more than keeping statistics, like discovering music, keeping tabs on events/concerts, getting social, hooking up with people with similar tastes etc. I'm a little surprised it's still going, I think only long term freaks are using it nowadays.

It's a shame, it had a lot of potential. Could've been Spotify actually, but they didn't manage it for some reason.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote