Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies You Should Know Because (I Think) They rule
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Splatter Farm, 1987

And now for something completely different. I'm not gonna try to pass this off as a masterpiece or even a "good" movie cuz I guess technically it's not. A C-Grade $12 budget horror jaunt with spectacular non-acting that thankfully doesn't take itself seriously in the slightest and offers good laughs strictly from how ridiculously deadpan-ly the line is delivered.

Alright though, appearance and technicalities aside, I still love Splatter Farm and all it's wonderful splatter charm. In all seriousness (granted that's not too much), I think it does succeed in being highly creepy in its minimalistic, low rent atmosphere. The gore too is oddly captivating and on a few occasions the movie gets genuinely gross and disturbing.

If you want artsy this and that or quality anything then I suggest you steer clear of Splatter Farm and any other movie with splatter in the title. So I wouldn't actively recommend it to anyone but it holds a place in my heart and the dialogue is gold.

Quote:
"What if their boyfriends show up?"

"Eh, then we'll kick their asses."
Pure gold.

taken down from YT and I'm not sure where else it could be found anymore

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote