Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2018 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #329 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You like vocalist-centric music. He made vocalist-centric music. I'd think that would be in your wheelhouse to some extent.

Anyway, what does it matter if you grew up with someone's music? I'm sure most of the music you listen to currently isn't stuff you grew up with either.
What I grew up with shaped a lot of what I'm going for in music, even as I explore and widen my horizons. I'm mostly listening to pretty modern music. Very few records in my collection that are from before the 80's. I've never taken an interest in 50's popular music, really. Whatever 50's rock/pop I've absorbed over the years rarely did anything to grab my interest. You can definitely draw lines from what I got into in the 90's when I was a teenager, to much of what I'm into now.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not the guy on this forum who is most invested in voraciously consuming every rarity released in the 50's and 60's.

At this point, I think I own zero 50's albums and that 90% of the CD's I have that are from the 60's are Joan Baez albums.

I've got truckloads of 90's albums. I don't think that's a coincidence w.r.t. my musical environment as a teen.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote