Music Banter - View Single Post - windsock is a fascist (PROOF)
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
windsock
Softest Bullet Ever Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
well you sound confused about first wave punk ergo, you might not yet know what you like

hardcore punk produces quite a few winners but also has the worst mentality and fanbase insofar as you'll ever run into a hardcore purist

I know quite a bit of krautrocky punk groups as I went through a phase where that's all I'd listen to
I'd consider "first wave punk" to be those that arrived around '77, i.e. Sex Pistols, the Ramones, The Clash, etc., none of which I like. Especially not the Sex Pistols. They can eat a dick. But I'm still very open to your suggestion and the likelihood of me finding punk bands to enjoy isn't impossible.

****ing hardcore punk though man. I don't think I can name a single just-HC punk band that I legit enjoy. I will put out there that I enjoy the more experimental post-hardcore bands like Fugazi and Big Black (who have a lot in common with noise rock which I also generally like), but never bands like Minor Threat.

The krautrocky new wave/punk groups I've found appealing mainly cause I like 60's/early-70's krautrock. Maybe it's just a familiarity thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote