Music Banter - View Single Post - windsock is a fascist (PROOF)
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #72 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
1. I like it. A little samey, but it has a cool, sparse atmosphere that I enjoy greatly.
I love the atmosphere in her music in general, but especially this album. She does not tend to make very complex music. It's more about the mood, especially for the folky stuff (her later albums are more of an electronic thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
2. All over the place, which is mucho bueno. I'm iffy on the more traditional prog metal stuff mainly towards the middle but the beginning and end in particular I had a lot of fun with.

I assume this is part of that "visual kei" Jappo glam metal scene or whatever? I still don't really know what defines that whole genre of music.
The singer is Kyo from Dir En Grey, which had early beginnings in the visual kei scene ~20 years ago. Just like Dir En Grey, his side band Sukekiyo is all over the place stylistically imo. You'll find j-rock, prog, visual kei, metal, post rock influences and more. I don't think so much about genre tbh. I'm not sure where to put this song, but I really like it. The dense layering, the melodies, the grooves, etc.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote