Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #1195 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I don`t think thats true as such , maybe in some middle eastern muslim countries but not in Europe.

I think what it stems from is more the way American culture is taking over everything.I`ve seen nice French bistros here turned into fast food chain outlets , I`ve seen old pubs steeped with tradition turned into horrible theme pubs. I find it hard to see now British indie movies because the cinemas are full of the latest crap from Hollywood , usually some sh*tty sequal.

I think thats where the resentment comes from.
That's certainly part of it. The majority of the globalisation/corporatisation that we see in Europe (and most other parts of the world I've been to) stems from America. The power of American companies and media - and the power of the American government coupled with its use of the power internationally - really does cause a lot of resentment in other countries.

To be honest, the resentment is largely justified when its directed against American companies, media and government... in terms of how these organisations relate to other countries. Unfortunately, many people's opinions of the american people is tainted by their perception of those large organisations which come from America.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote