Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 AM   #302 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Lis - it’s not even just the news and the science. After the past two hurricane seasons as a person who lives near the coast in Florida, I can feel it. Heat, humidity, mold, hot water coming out of cold taps, mosquitoes - all around insane swampiness - you can literally feel the disaster in the air. I know people will think oh Florida has always been like that but I’m telling you no ****ing way - it has not always been like this.
^ Yeah, that does sound horrible OH. I live in an area very similar to Florida in terms of physical geography and have to tolerate mold, mosquitoes and humidity too. Luckily though, I am out of the typical hurricane path, so it's only about once a decade we get the kind of probs you describe. Still remember, though, what it's like trying to clean up after even the lightest flooding (= one inch of filthy water across the floor). Two days later, desperate to dry out furniture, I put some outside in the humid breeze, only to discover 5 mins later that it was getting rained on. Not the most dramatic of cases, but you def have my sympathy tolerating that literally moldy climate.

Quote:
Hurricane Michael actually picked up strength after hitting land. That’s how much wet heat was on the “land”. If you understand how hurricanes fuel themselves then you’ll know how ****ing insane that is. I am living in an area that will not survive. Even if mankind totally eliminated greenhouse emissions today this area is already ****ed. It’s not even like the good old days when Katrina hit (it passed over here too) when Mother Nature had to reload. These past two seasons she’s upgraded from a revolver to an AK and she’s not putting down her weapon. The hurricanes, the flooding, the ****ing mold and everything else it brings - it’s coming again and again - and we’re not stopping greenhouse emissions, we’re not even reducing, we’re cranking it the **** up! Even those of us directly in the line of fire are loading Mother Nature’s weapons for her. It’s game the **** over. We lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
A Fire Captain with 28 years of experience believes that California's fires were caused by directed energy weapons.

"It's not natural phenomena. I've never seen anything like it."
^ Sorry [MERIT], but I found this too long to watch, esp as he spends about 10 mins giving us a CV on his past experience, I suppose to try and give weight to his opinion, bolded above. But in a period of drastic climate change, that declaration is now becoming par for the course: in fact OH says the same, though to his credit he doesn't attribute the change to directed energy weapons.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Quote:
Well, fuck. How would you answer that question?
^ Yes, I considered DnWthVwl's question for about a minute before realising that it was way too difficult for me and belonged more properly in a philosophy thread rather than here.