Music Banter - View Single Post - Official MMA Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #215 (permalink)
ManifestBlasphemy666
Non Serviam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rez View Post
If you think either of them are boring you do not understand good standup fighting to any degree. Valentina is quite possibly the best female striker ever. Both of them have such accomplished backgrounds and are so skillfull what did you want a blind brawl?
Lol...i'm not arguing that Valentina is not a good striker or Joanna for that matter they are both good strikers but that fight was boring Valentina was in total control of that fight and there was no urgency at all to be aggressive or go for the finish she was basically cruising to a decision even when she ragdolled Joanna to the ground she barely did anything and Joanna looked like she was sparring she was very tentative and barely landed anything significant...It was a "technical" striking display but no one really went for it

I'm not the only on who thought the fight was boring the majority of the MMA forums i saw had basically the same reaction to the fight I guess that's a whole lot of people that "do not understand a good standup fight"....or people that realize when a fighter who has a significant size advantage and was in control of the fight doing bare minimum and doing just enough to get the decision.
ManifestBlasphemy666 is offline   Reply With Quote