Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #564 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep what you have earned.

There is a big difference between letting someone starve to death right next to you when you have food to spare and people starving thousands of miles away that you will never meet [I know that people can argue that the end result is the same]. I know it's fucked up, but it's reality. Unless you can experience it and be around it, it doesn't affect you as much. That's just part of the human condition. If problems where in our face 24/7, they would get solved. But we keep them out of sight and out of mind.
Yes. That is the point. You feel differently based on proximity but they feel the same no matter where the **** you are. The whole reason this continues is because you don't have to look at it, but that doesn't make it any less of a thing that would keep you up at night if you were forced to see it.

Do you consider yourself more moral than someone with enough money to feed themselves and give themselves at least mild luxuries in a country with famine and pestilence but who do as much as you do to alleviate it?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote