Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #659 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
I'd be very interested to see what the data they're using looks like for these charts, specifically the poverty rate.

I'm not convinced on their conclusions based on this either. "In a time of unprecedented population growth our world managed to give more prosperity to more people and to continuously lift more people out of poverty." It's an odd quote as I guess that's technically true, as "more" of anything would occur based on population increases but taking that as proof of a shrinking wealth inequality seems to be missing the mark a bit.

They are using a baseline of $1.90/day to place people into either a "good" or "bad" bucket, certainly doesn't prove we are sharing the wealth at an any better rate than past eras.
I wouldn't trust a company that celebrates greedy capitalism to acknowledge the flaws of greedy capitalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Stop pointing out the obvious counterexamples OH and elph never consider when shouting into their echo chambers.
They're not exactly wrong. I doubt my phone or my gaming consoles have helped feed any starving people. Unless you count the jobs it pays for that prevent people from being in poverty in the first place. I don't think people genuinely think or care about where their money goes as long as they are being entertamed. It's not as cut and dry as they make it out to be, though. Seems more like they are just trying to knock the piss out of western civilization's self righteousness. Which I'm cool with. Angsty, soul sucking misanthropy is cool. Thanksgiving celebrates the mass genocide of Native Americans, religion is a construct created for controlling the masses, marriage is a contract based on property ownership and love is just a chemical reaction.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote