Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam will listen to anything.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #223 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Answer to #1: I gotta say I honestly fail to see any significant similarity between the music of Elton John and Judie Tzuke. And Toto, for that matter.

Answer to #2: I've listened to several Toto albums at this point, so I don't think it's fair to expect much more from me. It would count as dismissive if I'd only skimmed, but that's far from what I've actually done. If I beat myself over the head with Toto's music again and again but still don't connect with it, then I'm not likely to suddenly love them. Never say never, of course. I took a long time to warm to some artists/bands.
Elton John was the one that signed Tzuke and mentored her. Her 80's stuff sounds a lot like what he was doing in the late 70's through the mid 80's. Especially on the ballads and more synth-driven material. Furthermore, he used the Toto guys on a few albums during that period as session players / occasional co-writers, and future Toto drummer Simon Phillips played on her debut album. So...yes, there are connections.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote