Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 11:21 PM   #196 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Thanks for sharing Sam

Being crazy wears you out too
Ironically, I actually find insanity to be artistically inspiring. I equate Munch's The Scream and Van Gogh's Wheat Fields paintings, or even Beethoven's 9th Symphony to be the pinnacle of an artist at the creative spark. However, the crushing weight of depression can indeed make the most beautifully detailed dreams and thoughts into the most nightmarish, dull, blankness that there can possibly be and that indeed can, and often does, impede great a many people, myself included at times. That's honestly part of why I got into drone, is because drone emulates that in a way. And writing it through improv, in a way is therapeutic because it's never the same twice, and I know I hit with the sound of it when the sound that comes out of my speakers, scares even me as the person that created the sound. That's probably what I need to do for myself. I haven't played my bass in...like a month now...longer than I thought. Probably wouldn't have realized that if I wasn't writing this from a stream of consciousness.