Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:29 AM   #356 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I feel like we jumped out of an airplane and in order for the parachutes to open we all have pull the ripcords. Half of us are saying pull the ****ing cords and the other half are saying well I don’t think we’re going to hit the ground. You people are always talking about hitting the ground. We haven’t hit the ground yet.

You know how the joke goes. Once we’re ten feet from the ground they’ll say **** man I can jump from here.
^ I hadn't heard that joke, so lol.

It's a good analogy - and sadly that kind of co-operation is pretty rare in human behaviour. As I understand it, one reason for the recent riots in Paris was because people were protesting against a tax hike on gasoline that Macron introduced in hopes of tipping the balance away from fossil fuels and towards greener solutions. Nobody cared about the big picture, just the euros in their pockets.

In the US, thanks to the Dem wins in the midterms, there's going to be a Select Committee on Climate Change. I suppose that's a step in the right direction, though it doesn't sound like a very dramatic one.