Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #514 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Ok, i take back what i said about post punk, mkay?

We have been discussing nothing but indie and punk the whole time, there are other genres out there.

Metal for example....We have bands like Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Pantera...But the UK pretty much invented metal, and they had Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, etc...All of whom were very important to the development of metal as a serious genre.

And of course, PROG...Thats probably one genre where the US dosent even touch the UK...They had King Crimson, Yes, Pink Floyd, ELP, Gentle Giant, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Van Der Graaf Generator, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Uriah Heep, Renaissance, Camel, The Moody Blues, Hawkwind, The Strawbs, Caravan, Traffic, Gryphon, Quintessence, Kate Bush, Hatfield And The North, Soft Machine, Captain Beyond, Jade Warrior, Family, Greenslade, Khan, Egg, Supersister, Babe Ruth, High Tide, Barclay James Harvest, Ozric Tentacles, Purcupine Tree and Radiohead.

What do we have?...Hmm, Frank Zappa, Happy The Man, Captain Beefheart, Mars Volta, Primus, Tool, Mr Bungle, Buckethead, Symphony X, Queensryche, umm............Dream Theater?

In fact, there are tons of talented prog bands from around the world, including France, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Greece, Finland, Poland, Belguim, Hungary, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Yugoslavia, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Canada and Israel...We got to give them some credit too.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote