Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 05:22 AM   #446 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
I don't recall ever saying I was a prog fan, I'm mainly a prog-metal fan/expert. But I do somewhat like King Crimson, PF, Genesis. So that was rather nasty calling me a fraud, I mainly review prog metal albums.
Symphonic Prog >>> Prog Metal.

Quote:
I'm well aware of how many people love CTTE, hence why I think it's one of the most overrated prog pieces of all time.
I'd like to see your list of the greatest prog pieces ever made...I could use a good laugh right about now.

Quote:
And I never gave a reason why it's terrible 'cause that's just my opinion of course; it bores me to death like most of their stuff. And I don't find them all that interesting musically either.
I pity you then....As a band they are way more diverse than DT, and they rarely repeat themselves like DT do, every album they made was different...DTs songs could be on any album, its just random rubbish.

Quote:
CTTE just strings along starting off almost moronically, and awkwardly goes into a pointless session to show how cool they are playing in weird keys together, and just plods along doing almost nothing except for extremely annoying repetition of "I get up, I get down." God, shoot me now.
Do you realise how f*cking hypocritical this is coming from a goddamn DREAM THEATER fan?

Regardless CTTE is still Far more focused and ambitious than anything DT has ever done....Yes have made at least 5 classic albums, at least 8 other really good ones, 5 ok albums and maybe 2 or 3 bad ones...DT have made what?...Like one or two ok albums and nothing but pure rubbish since 1992....Yes and KC have both been around for over 36 f*cking years, and they are still coming up with some fresh and cool ideas, while DT are still young and already drained completely out of creativity, and they get noticably worse album after album.

You cant argue with me on this, Yes are better than DT in every way, except maybe technical skill, but to hell with technical skill, i would like to see Petrucci construct a solo as beautiful as Mood For A Day or The Clap, or the solos in Starship Trooper, America, Gates Of Delirium and Going For The One...I would like to hear Myung write a bassline as interesting and spellbinding as the ones in Roundabout and Tempus Fugit...I would like to hear Rudess write a simple piano solo as gorgious as the one in South Side Of The Sky or a keyboard performance as brillant and tasteful as the one in Heart Of The Sunrise.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.