Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Watching Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #863 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I am not responsible for any other individual's personal behavior, nor is anyone else. We are sentient beings and exercise free will. Do our personal choices carry influence amongst the populace? Some more than others. But people should not be afraid to speak their beliefs.

Like I said, I will fight for your right to disagree with me, because personal freedom and liberty is more important than any set of beliefs.

You see, this is where we differ. I think that people should have freedom, but you only think that people should have freedom to do the things that you agree with. Example:

MERIT: "You can shit talk my beliefs all you want. That is your right and personal freedom. I hope that we can find common ground, but if not, then we shall agree to disagree and part ways."

Batty: "Your views are wrong and shouldn't exist."
I know you're not a dirty commie but think of "freedom" like wealth. In a system that has historically disproportionately benefited one group (in Western capitalism it would be rich white people) capitalism is going to put wealth in the hands of that group which they will use to consolidate ever greater wealth. And even when the law technically puts them on the same playing field as other groups in theory the wealthy elites still have the monetary power to unfairly prevent others from horning in on their economic territory.

Now when talking about freedom you can't necessarily redistribute freedom as if it were something physical, but you can try to shame the "freedom elites" who hold greater de facto accumulated freedoms into not being cockbags who use their greater influence to stifle the freedom of historically disenfranchised peoples who might technically have the same freedoms but are currently operating from a weaker political and social position.

Or something like that.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote