What Are You Watching Right Now? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #861 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Oppression is an exercise of power. The majority can exercise unintentional power on the minority through both having negative opinions about the majority and being ignorant of the consequences of expressing those opinions in a way that doesn't take the realities of the minority's situation into account.

I've recently been made aware of one Franzt Fanon, who was a black man from then French Martinique who fought the French in Algeria, and he says that black people had/have to create like their own little white person in their head because if they weren't/aren't painfully aware of how everything they did/do might appear to a white person then they can get in serious trouble.

I imagine gay people have to do the same thing, and it is oppression because they then have to either alter their behavior or choose to roll the dice and hope they don't get curb stomped by a redneck.

Now who can't take a joke?

If you think that's all you're saying then you need to start recording yourself and hearing the playback.
I am not responsible for any other individual's personal behavior, nor is anyone else. We are sentient beings and exercise free will. Do our personal choices carry influence amongst the populace? Some more than others. But people should not be afraid to speak their beliefs.

Like I said, I will fight for your right to disagree with me, because personal freedom and liberty is more important than any set of beliefs.

You see, this is where we differ. I think that people should have freedom, but you only think that people should have freedom to do the things that you agree with. Example:

MERIT: "You can shit talk my beliefs all you want. That is your right and personal freedom. I hope that we can find common ground, but if not, then we shall agree to disagree and part ways."

Batty: "Your views are wrong and shouldn't exist."
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #862 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,518
Default

Ew gross too much cishet energy in here
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade

Last edited by WWWP; 02-04-2019 at 06:15 PM.
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #863 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,580
Default

That's a lot of text.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #864 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I am not responsible for any other individual's personal behavior, nor is anyone else. We are sentient beings and exercise free will. Do our personal choices carry influence amongst the populace? Some more than others. But people should not be afraid to speak their beliefs.

Like I said, I will fight for your right to disagree with me, because personal freedom and liberty is more important than any set of beliefs.

You see, this is where we differ. I think that people should have freedom, but you only think that people should have freedom to do the things that you agree with. Example:

MERIT: "You can shit talk my beliefs all you want. That is your right and personal freedom. I hope that we can find common ground, but if not, then we shall agree to disagree and part ways."

Batty: "Your views are wrong and shouldn't exist."
I know you're not a dirty commie but think of "freedom" like wealth. In a system that has historically disproportionately benefited one group (in Western capitalism it would be rich white people) capitalism is going to put wealth in the hands of that group which they will use to consolidate ever greater wealth. And even when the law technically puts them on the same playing field as other groups in theory the wealthy elites still have the monetary power to unfairly prevent others from horning in on their economic territory.

Now when talking about freedom you can't necessarily redistribute freedom as if it were something physical, but you can try to shame the "freedom elites" who hold greater de facto accumulated freedoms into not being cockbags who use their greater influence to stifle the freedom of historically disenfranchised peoples who might technically have the same freedoms but are currently operating from a weaker political and social position.

Or something like that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #865 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
It's a young man's game.
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:57 PM   #866 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
cause this

Yes those sweaty, schlubby losers who got together with their lawn torches to whom most everyone collectively laughed at are such a threat lmao. Get some new material bruv.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #867 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
Yes those sweaty, schlubby losers who got together with their lawn torches to whom most everyone collectively laughed at are such a threat lmao. Get some new material bruv.
and killled a person. with a car.
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #868 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,578
Default

White supremacists felt confident enough to hoist fire aloft en masse and chant anti-Semitic slogans while the President claimed that some of them "were very fine people". I think you need consider that you're underestimating a very serious problem.

And I would also ask why you choose this discussion in particular to come in on? I'm not saying anything about anything I'm aware you've ever supported.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:23 PM   #869 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
and killled a person. with a car.
I still don't see that as justification for classifying the fraction of a fraction of the US that actual neo-Nazis represent as a national threat.

I think laughing at them like the fringe psychos at they are is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
And I would also ask why you choose this discussion in particular to come in on? I'm not saying anything about anything I'm aware you've ever supported.
Nah it's just the constant hoisting of Charlottesville as the sole signifyer that white supremacy is supposedly "alive and well" in America got tiring real quick.

There's probably only about 10k legitimate white supremacists/Nazis in the US. I think the current generation over-inflates this because we seek a cause to fight for like those did 50 years ago. We're just blindly scaring ourselves for not that much reason, speaking generally.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #870 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,449
Default

But there are millions of idiots who listen to actual propaganda all day and have no prospects, women or money. They are dangerous.
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.