Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 01:07 AM   #1159 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

It's not about taking black culture, it's about taking ownership away from an industry. The lack of black owned businesses creates a lack of opportunity. Being a rapper isn't the only job in the hip hop business. So the industry does create a lot of jobs for black people as well as give more wealth and opportunity to be passed down so black people have more chances to be doctors. Becoming a doctor doesn't create jobs, doesn't create a business to pass down, it only generates wealth. Which, I'm sure there are more rappers that spread their wealth around their community than there are doctors. Most people in these areas can't even afford to become doctors in the first place. The more black owned businesses there are the more it gets cycled through black communities and the more black people will prosper.

Take any horrorcore label and they are white owned businesses with predominately white artists and workers. They typically don't go out of their way to put money back into black communities. The question is if that is taking prosperity or ownership from black people or if horrorcore is so far removed from hip hop culture that it has no impact on the hip hop industry.

It's not about cultural appropriation. We're not talking about Post Malone here.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote