Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #60005 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
out of the people just on this forum that do menial labor jobs, I can't think of one that isn't sharp enough to do something that engages the mind

as much as I may be accused of elitism, I think it's a special kind of negative outlook on humanity to not observe that people are much smarter than their job generally allows them to be

it is however super convenient to believe that people who occupy these jobs must do so because they aren't as intelligent or moral as someone who does not
I think there is a spectrum and a multitude of factors that result in overqualified people performing menial tasks, but in most cases they are probably there because that's the effort they've put into it. I guess you haven't worked jobs where people can't even put stuff in the right place or take an order correctly or follow directions. I don't think those people are necessarily unintelligent or whatever but when you screw things up like that it begs the question of how qualified they would be for something less menial. Demonstrating competence, problem solving, and a willingness to take initiative is not as common as you make it out to be and arguably necessary (rather you agree with it or not).

Lots of underqualified people in positions they shouldn't have via nepotism or networking, that's a problem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote