Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 10:53 PM   #17048 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Seems self contradictory to me.

Catholicism supports paedophelia on an institutional level, contributing to that power structure means that you're perpetuating it. You can separate the art from the artist, but if you pay for and support the art to the point where you're assisting the artist perpetuate what you're trying to separate from their art, you become a part of the problem. This goes beyond tithing too, since becoming a part of a church provides them with a social legitimacy that draws in more people and at the end of the day, more victims. Plus, criticizing Catholicism isn't just an atheist game, give some credit to the KKK.
Racism gets a bigger backlash and more attention because of how much turmoil it's caused through out history and how it's currently utilized in our political system. Currently racism is a much bigger threat (that we know about) corrupting or political system than pedophilia is. I'd say it'd be justified to be considered more taboo to some, but I don't think it is in general like OH is insinuating. It just seems more taboo because it gets more attention. It gets more attention because every time racism is discussed it becomes a debate. Pedophilia doesn't get the same attention because we all agree that if so and so is a child molester they are piece of trash. It's still much more taboo than racism. Nobody really stands up for child ****ers the way the do with racists. Why there isn't a witch hunt? Simple. It doesn't serve anybody's political agenda.

Edit: If OH needs another example I'll refer to the fact that his racist comments haven't garnered as much out rage on here as his comments on ****ing under aged girls. He's gotten away with racism, I think he's actually been banned for talking about ****ing teenaged girls.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote