The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #17041 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

I can get down with your argument that supporting catholicism perpetuates pedophlia, but catholic philosophy does not preach or make any attempt to make pedophilia moral or justified. It's important to make that distinction.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #17042 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I can get down with your argument that supporting catholicism perpetuates pedophlia, but catholic philosophy does not preach or make any attempt to make pedophilia moral or justified. It's important to make that distinction.
I've got a bridge to sell you.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:33 PM   #17043 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Then show me the evidence.. Something you usually have no difficulty doing when youre right.

I can easily show you evidence of the bible supporting slavery, I'm not aware of any catholic doctrine that cover pedophilia. Enlighten me.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:36 PM   #17044 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

My evidence is that your requirement for Catholicism "supporting" paedophelia is a misnomer given the actions of the Catholic church that have been going on for thousands of years.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #17045 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Yeah, because those people are not the same thing as what catholicism actually teaches. It's not that difficult of a distinction to understand. Youre cherrypicking evidence by ignoring the majority of catholics whose beliefs would be in direct conflict with pedophilia. I guess none of those catholics count since they don't fit your position.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:45 PM   #17046 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Yeah, because those people are not the same thing as what catholicism actually teaches. It's not that difficult of a distinction to understand. Youre cherrypicking evidence by ignoring the majority of catholics whose beliefs would be in direct conflict with pedophilia. I guess none of those catholics count since they don't fit your position.
They're cherrypicking a belief system as a way to justify supporting an institution that perpetuates rape and paedophelia on a global scale and has been for literally thousands of years. I don't think that I'm being unfair here.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:48 PM   #17047 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
No it's not.

You said racism is more taboo than pedophilia. I used the presidency as an example refuting it.

I then explained why racism would be more taboo than pedophilia. Because racism gets used to justify greater atrocities. I know you're not that dumb, so quit pretending.
OK

I now know for certain you don’t know what racism is.

Wow.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #17048 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Seems self contradictory to me.



Catholicism supports paedophelia on an institutional level, contributing to that power structure means that you're perpetuating it. You can separate the art from the artist, but if you pay for and support the art to the point where you're assisting the artist perpetuate what you're trying to separate from their art, you become a part of the problem. This goes beyond tithing too, since becoming a part of a church provides them with a social legitimacy that draws in more people and at the end of the day, more victims. Plus, criticizing Catholicism isn't just an atheist game, give some credit to the KKK.
Racism gets a bigger backlash and more attention because of how much turmoil it's caused through out history and how it's currently utilized in our political system. Currently racism is a much bigger threat (that we know about) corrupting or political system than pedophilia is. I'd say it'd be justified to be considered more taboo to some, but I don't think it is in general like OH is insinuating. It just seems more taboo because it gets more attention. It gets more attention because every time racism is discussed it becomes a debate. Pedophilia doesn't get the same attention because we all agree that if so and so is a child molester they are piece of trash. It's still much more taboo than racism. Nobody really stands up for child ****ers the way the do with racists. Why there isn't a witch hunt? Simple. It doesn't serve anybody's political agenda.

Edit: If OH needs another example I'll refer to the fact that his racist comments haven't garnered as much out rage on here as his comments on ****ing under aged girls. He's gotten away with racism, I think he's actually been banned for talking about ****ing teenaged girls.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:00 AM   #17049 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Lucem

Which one of these is not a race?

A) Black
B) White
C) Asian
D) Catholic
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:03 AM   #17050 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Lucem

Which one of these is not a race?

A) Black
B) White
C) Asian
D) Catholic
When did I call Catholics a race? Where did I lose you? Do I need a chalk board? A diagram? You're supposed to be the teacher FFS.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.