Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #17104 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
This **** is hilarious.. if catholics were some oppressed minority with their leaders doing the same **** you'd be making excuses for every flaw. The only valid point made in this entire debate is Frown saying that supporting the church prepetuates rape/pedophilia. Lemme know when you guys learn how to make the distinction between the institution and the philosophy.
Every belief system has certain identifiable relationships between the object (or objects) of said worship, guidance, etc. and those that follow the doctrines.

You can't make the argument being had here, for example, about nondenominational Christians because they don't give a **** about the Pope. They care about Jesus in the New Testament and that's about it.

The problem with Catholicism ultimately comes down to the veneration you are supposed to have of the Pope. I'm sure there are plenty of Catholics that would argue otherwise, but if the Pope doesn't really matter then you really aren't a Catholic IMO. Same thing applies to the various denominations of Islam: if Muhammad is the light and the way, then that means you are okay with all the terrible things he has said and done, since his word is also that of God's/Allah's.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote