Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #17106 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Every belief system has certain identifiable relationships between the object (or objects) of said worship, guidance, etc. and those that follow the doctrines.

You can't make the argument being had here, for example, about nondenominational Christians because they don't give a **** about the Pope. They care about Jesus in the New Testament and that's about it.

The problem with Catholicism ultimately comes down to the veneration you are supposed to have of the Pope. I'm sure there are plenty of Catholics that would argue otherwise, but if the Pope doesn't really matter then you really aren't a Catholic IMO. Same thing applies to the various denominations of Islam: if Muhammad is the light and the way, then that means you are okay with all the terrible things he has said and done, since his word is also that of God's/Allah's.
Kinda yeah, but the Pope is here right now to tell you exactly how it is and that's not really up for interpretation or disagreement. Mohammed isn't here to slam his fist on a table and take sides with either Sunnis or Shiites. Catholicism is kinda unique in that besides cults. Tibetan Buddhism has the Dalai Lama but as far as I know Buddhism of any kind doesn't demand adherence to dogma.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote