Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #179 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Neapolitan - Well, thank you for that lovely rec. I suspect that when I call some electronic music or hiphop uneventful it's partly because I have a bit of a blind spot for those genres.
I love how that version of Ladytron is more spaced out, really cool. The second song is straightforward in an effective way, it works well for me. I really like the third one, the melody of the verses is great (the way it bends at the third line and then bends back at 'in Hiroshiimaaa'), the guitar in the last part.
I like how My Favorite "Burning Hearts" tells a story and how it's crammed with music, a lot of it reminiscent of the 80s. The next three are French, or half of the band was French, somewhere there is a French connection.

Stereolab - Cellulose Sunshine

Elli et Jacno - Anne Cherchait L'Amour

Melody's Echo Chamber - I Follow You (Official Music Video)
Melody Prochet + Kevin Parker (from Tame Impala)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote