Music Banter - View Single Post - How I Spent My Vacation
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Default How I Spent My Vacation

Hung out here for a couple of 'orientation' hours. Place is basically a semi-locked down college dorm with a doctors office attached to it. I had to agree to this in order to keep my job (everyone was in on it)

https://www.sharp.com/hospitals/mcdonald/

While signing in the recpt. hands me a urine cup and points to a bathroom.

OK

After being called into a Nurses office she takes all of my vitals and gives me a very brief exam - this all gets entered into a file. Time for the interview.

Oh, the first thing she did was give me a breathalyzer.

OK

Interview is all pretty standard stuff. How often? How much? What else? Did you before this meeting? How much would you like to right now? - I notice your hands are shaking.

(and I'm trying so f*cking hard to control them!)

Option One: $$ Daily outpatient meetings under strict supervision for 3-4 weeks.

Option Two: "And we STRONGLY recommend this based on your condition" $$$$$ In-patient. Move into the place for 5-6 days for a hard-core detox. Any rules? Well, yes.

You are limited to a certain number of personal items during your stay. Your books and music are screened. No phone. No computer. Daily meetings are mandatory - basically 9-5. No TV on-sight. Curfews. Emergency attn. 24/7.

OK

Haven't even driven within 5 miles of the place since.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote