Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default How I Spent My Vacation

Hung out here for a couple of 'orientation' hours. Place is basically a semi-locked down college dorm with a doctors office attached to it. I had to agree to this in order to keep my job (everyone was in on it)

https://www.sharp.com/hospitals/mcdonald/

While signing in the recpt. hands me a urine cup and points to a bathroom.

OK

After being called into a Nurses office she takes all of my vitals and gives me a very brief exam - this all gets entered into a file. Time for the interview.

Oh, the first thing she did was give me a breathalyzer.

OK

Interview is all pretty standard stuff. How often? How much? What else? Did you before this meeting? How much would you like to right now? - I notice your hands are shaking.

(and I'm trying so f*cking hard to control them!)

Option One: $$ Daily outpatient meetings under strict supervision for 3-4 weeks.

Option Two: "And we STRONGLY recommend this based on your condition" $$$$$ In-patient. Move into the place for 5-6 days for a hard-core detox. Any rules? Well, yes.

You are limited to a certain number of personal items during your stay. Your books and music are screened. No phone. No computer. Daily meetings are mandatory - basically 9-5. No TV on-sight. Curfews. Emergency attn. 24/7.

OK

Haven't even driven within 5 miles of the place since.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,677
Default

Great job, Chula. I know it's always going to be tempting, but I wish you the best.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,329
Default

McDonald's is weird on the west coast.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

My best friend back east since I was 14 and my old boss out here of many years are both alcoholics. Both have been sober for decades. Both were part of the 'circle' that were inches from a full blown intervention and both have almost made me feel a little guilty for not "quitting the right way" because I'm not doing AA.

Disclaimer: I get that AA (like religion) works for many many people, and is/was a huge part of them getting through their days. Good on them. I also get that AA doesn't always work the first time but often the message will sink in and straighten folks up.


This is just kind of funny. Or sad.

On my 100th day I called them both to check in. The guy back east admitted that he use to always go to meetings at first while buzzed, and the dude here admitted that on his 30th day sober (AA gives you a token as a 'reward' for the milestone) he went out and celebrated with a bottle.

Once my buddy straightened out he had other sober dudes at meetings tell him they use take spots sitting next to him so they could get off on his booze odor.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
My best friend back east since I was 14 and my old boss out here of many years are both alcoholics. Both have been sober for decades. Both were part of the 'circle' that were inches from a full blown intervention and both have almost made me feel a little guilty for not "quitting the right way" because I'm not doing AA.

Disclaimer: I get that AA (like religion) works for many many people, and is/was a huge part of them getting through their days. Good on them. I also get that AA doesn't always work the first time but often the message will sink in and straighten folks up.


This is just kind of funny. Or sad.

On my 100th day I called them both to check in. The guy back east admitted that he use to always go to meetings at first while buzzed, and the dude here admitted that on his 30th day sober (AA gives you a token as a 'reward' for the milestone) he went out and celebrated with a bottle.

Once my buddy straightened out he had other sober dudes at meetings tell him they use take spots sitting next to him so they could get off on his booze odor.
im sober from alcohol for almost 5 years now but with no AA.. i use THC...

congrats to you for wanting to better yourself bro, i wish the best for ya
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You need to be more mindful of what you post.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,677
Default

The champagne bottle in the sober thread is a nice touch.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
The champagne bottle in the sober thread is a nice touch.




























im actually sorry if it triggered anything.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You need to be more mindful of what you post.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
The champagne bottle in the sober thread is a nice touch.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

That and the THC. I attend those meetings on a daily basis. Sometimes twice a day. Actually, I attend twice a day mostly and only once sometimes.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,495
Default

The best motivation for staying strong is knowing that you'll be permabanned here if you start drinking again.
#trulyimportantthings #makembsoberagain
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.