Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 09:07 AM   #4792 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I'm seeing The Who tonight. My friend has a ticket and asked if I wanted to go.
I pulled in and parked and this dude selling shirts bombards me from my drivers side window. I brushed him off and bundled up, then started walking to the gates. I didn't get more than 10 feet when I look down and there's a stack of 20's laying on the ground. I picked it up, looked around, and thought "wtf that dude must have dropped this". So, after about a half a second of trying to look for the guy I stuffed it in my pocket, knowing full well that if I do come across him I'd give it back to him. That was a long shot. I never saw that guy again, so since my friends tickets were fairly crappy seats I went to the box office and upgraded to 200 level center, right in the sweet spot for optimal sound. I was pleasantly surprised with how good they sounded too, and even though Roger faltered a little (it was cold and really windy, which they reminded the audience of more then a few times), he had an outstanding performance. And Pete... oh the Pete... lol he was solid, as well as the orchestra and everyone else. These spur of the moment concerts are always the funnest.