Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #18089 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Well at least you got one thing correct. Thank you.

Talking about the realities of race doesn't mean they're fine. You just can't do anything about them in the present. Which is why I cited the studies that I did in the first place to showcase that.

I mean, I don't think taxes are fine when I know a big chunk of my money is just going overseas to kill people, but the change is going to have to come from somebody above my paygrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't think that is a passable excuse. Not just for white supremacy but any form of racial supremacy. And yes, when you said that you are defending white supremacy. I'm definitely not against diversifying our country, but I don't think we should have to in order to get over racial biases.

Edit: Look how far we've already come. We can do better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
You have a very bad of habit of assuming one possible and least favorable extension of someone’s argument is indisputably what they’re getting at.

He never said white supremacy is ok.

To me it sounds like he’s saying the majority often mistreats the minority. That seems like a reasonable assessment of human behavior. If you make the inference from that he’s defending white supremacy I’d say it is fair to take a jab at your reading skills.

Good grief.

Do you really need a qualifier for that? Why do you have to reach for the least generous interpretation of his words as possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
He is saying it in response to people who think white supremacy is a problem. Context is everything. It's like the all lives matter thing. Yes we all know all lives matter and we all know that majorities tend to mistreat minorities. But using that as a response completely changes the context. The same way ALM is trying to devalue BLM's message he's saying it to demean the idea that white supremacy is a problem.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you OH.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote