Music Banter - View Single Post - Hong Kong and China
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
The people are already rioting over any small bill that would even only theoretically give the mainland more leverage.
Haven't they abducted some already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
China has cameras all over the place and spies on everyone but so does London.
One's a country, one's a city; and the latter's more likely concerned about real crime.

Quote:
Oh wow they get to vote. Big ****ing deal. Beijing and Shanghai are better places to live. For sure Shanghai blows the **** out of Miami and Jacksonville.
What of other US cities?

Quote:
Do you really think Hong Kong has a darker future than Virginia?
Yup.

Quote:
Who’s more likely to get shot in the streets an American or a Chinese person?
Hard to say as the reds might be cooking the stats, and aren't they into stabbing?

Moreover, the murder rate in the US is likely < 6/100 000: a multiple of China's, but likely pretty low.

What it looks like to me:

1. UK's out of the picture. They made a decent deal given the circumstances. They leased it in, what?, 1899?, for 99 years, from a long gone mostly unmissed emperor. The jig was coming up in 1998, and in, what?, 1984?, worked out a deal for 50 years. Economics helped. It might help again with Trump and perhaps more so the corruption inherit under likely increased corruption under Xi. The time for the commies to mess up HK is not now. But Hong Kong will slowly become Communist before 2047. Time to emigrate.

2. Taiwan is standing firm. I wonder if it has nukes: such would be good aces.

3. If China gets aggressive, it's neighbours might react, including Japan by increasing military size.
DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote