Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #18337 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
that's just a proxy for giving up x amount of time hunting and gathering while having far fewer opportunities.
Sure but that doesn't mean that a fundamental change in how we live, how we think, and how we interact hasn't occurred that makes comparisons to older times at best problematic and at most completely useless. Hunting mammoths literally isn't the same as working a desk job or laying asphalt.

Quote:
If you believe in your anarchist model so much, why don't you go join one. Communes exist all over the place. And there are even Hunter gatherer tribes still wandering about, mostly cause we treat them like an endangered species at this point.
Modern society has fundamentally changed the idea of a hunter gatherer model...

Quote:
So clearly there is something about this society you prefer. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can point to a society that enjoys the same level of technological advancement while not bothering to educate their young to the best of their abilities.
I prefer this society because I have been trained for nothing else than living in it. If you chucked me into a Viking war band I wouldn't be opposed simply because of modern Liberal values conflicting with Viking values, I'd be opposed cause HOLY ****ING **** I WAS NOT TRAINED TO LIVE THIS LIFE GET ME OFF THIS BOAT!!!
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote