Music Banter - View Single Post - The Darkness
Thread: The Darkness
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #111 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
roflol that's rich coming from you, that's like the epitome of hypocrisy right there. And I don't believe I've ever made an actual serious fuss on here before.

And stop turning every thread into a bash DT-athon. But okay I'll take the bait. If DT are so unoriginal, then how come there is hardly a single band that can match their technical ability as a whole? And I know you were kidding but saying that any mainstream band is more original than a non-mainstream band is almost worth vomiting over.
umm where to start.. the fans make a band mainstrem in my eyes. most bands aree just bands at one point, record deal or not there are 100's of bands that have good deals and are still unknown. Buying there albums, going to there small opening act conert's and radio play tend to help get the band more known.

The Darkness, yes a very catchy band.. Galmour pop/rock. After listening to there two albums a few times each i've come to notice that they only really have one song that even comes close to being a Queen ripoff. I mean you can clearly see the Queen influence, but theyu don't try to hide that by any means. But you can also see the blame and simple 70's influence... by many pop act's and rock groups.

The thing with the Darkness is.. like other bands there just so easy to pick a part. There mainstrem cause there easy listening. The Singers voice is high and when he sings normal he still has a pretty amazing voice. either way this band the way they are.. there sound there look, in this day and age is very unknown.
--------------------------
Don & Boo Boo..

what the **** guys. You two are both well known for hating each other and always disagreeing.. we both get the point, but do you both always have to make such a fuss in every disagreement. And Boo Boo you do always, ALWAYS find reasons/ways to bring up Dream Threater.. one thing.. WE GET IT!
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote