Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #19893 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
That's the source of the issue right there. There's too many goddamn people on this planet and a lot of then are idiots. This rock needs a plague or a meteor strike. I'm being totally serious. If news broke that large asteroid was on its way to wipe out 80% of humanity, I'd sell all my sh*t, start seeing the people and things I wanna see before I'm obliterated, give nature one last pat on the back saying "so long and sorry for all the wars and idiots" and kindly walk into the woods and eat a bullet sandwich.
I understand the frustration but you remind me of the Jehovahs that come up to me talking about end times. I'm sure it probably felt like end times a century ago during the world wars. I'm sure the bubonic plague felt like end times. The **** is nothing new.

Really all these issues only really exist in most of our lives as abstractions - things viewed with horror from a safe distance. In a way we're suffering from information overload.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote