Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:17 AM   #551 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Makes my eyes tear up.
^ Sorry that it upset you, OH. These days that seems to be the price of awareness.

Unfortunately, Trump's EPA is doing its best to keep its eyes firmly closed: this quote from Wikipedia really needs an asterisk attached:-

Quote:
The global warming controversy concerns the public debate over whether global warming is occurring, how much has occurred in modern times, what has caused it, what its effects will be, whether any action should be taken to curb it, and if so what that action should be. In the scientific literature, there is a strong consensus that global surface temperatures have increased in recent decades and that the trend is caused by human-induced emissions of greenhouse gases. No scientific body of national or international standing disagrees with this view,* though a few organizations with members in extractive industries hold non-committal positions. Disputes over the key scientific facts of global warming are more prevalent in the media than in the scientific literature, where such issues are treated as resolved, and such disputes are more prevalent in the United States than globally.
* except the EPA, in this move which is a blatant travesty of scientific method:-
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

A personal turning point for me was about a week ago when I had a dream based on environmental anxiety. The anxiety came from the the methane-level graph below:-

The graph turns up in this doc which I've already mentioned:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Don't expect to learn much from this trailer, but if you watch the full documentary, (recently added to Netflix), you can learn a lot about the hard science behind climate history, and the really scary prognosis for planet earth:-

And the most chilling moment comes when the methane graph is overlaid with a temp rise graph with the clear message: we've got the one spike, so now expect the other.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 08-20-2019 at 05:24 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote