Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #3319 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Maybe for you but I have a hard time doing that at work. I have a hard time saying no and even when given a free pass to do nothing all day I tend to search for **** to do which is weird since out side of the work setting I'm too lazy and unmotivated to really do anything.

And I completely agree with Batlord. Majority of the time it's exploited by the company that really doesn't give a flying **** as long as the bare minimum is reached. My supervisors appreciate it and they try to pull as many strings as possible to compensate me for it, however it doesn't make any logical sense to go above and beyond for a company that won't go above and beyond for you so I learned to not really judge people that put in the bare minimum or exploit every opportunity to be lazy unless it directly effects me. Most of the time I tend to offer my irrational need to stay busy to take the work load off of people that want to be lazy. Especially going through a manic episode where I can't not be productive.
The idea that you should always try your best and work hard isn't even inherently a bad idea but in the context of worker/employer relations it's suicide for the worker. Companies are expected to ruthlessly make as much money as possible while spending as little as possible while workers are expected to always put their best foot forward, work hard, and be honest and trustworthy employees? The two parties are being told to operate on two completely different moral ideologies that encourage exploitation by the one and diligence and sacrifice for the other.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote