Music Banter - View Single Post - Collide
Thread: Collide
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sun
This the second time I posted this and still haven't gotten any responses. Is it that bad? Is it that good? Does this just go over your head?

These are not my typical lyrics but I don't have many that are already copyrighted. I guess if they're that bad then there's no point in me worrying about infringement. I wouldn't mind exchanging reviews with someone who is looking for more comprehensive feedback but at this point I'll take anything.

So please tell me what you think of it. And thanks (or thanks for nothing).
I'm really sorry that I can't look at your lyric it in more depth at the moment, as I'm doing some work, but in reponse to your second post, it probably is the case that the lyrics 'go over our heads'.

By this I don't mean that they are necessarily too deep or too complex for the reader to understand at all. They're just not as immediate as some of the other lyrics on here. Its not so clear what the lyric is about on first reading (well, I only read it once and didn't quite get it) and on a forum that'll probably be too much of a strain on many people's attention spans. The lyrics look well-crafted enough that a reader or listener would be happy to sit through them a few times, to develop their understanding and to figure out what you're communicating, but this is much less likely on an internet forum than it would be at a gig, or reading a lyric sheet or something like that.

Its probably not your lyrics, its just the nature of the forum. My writing style (for example), with simple, direct and easily digested lyrics will probably have more response than your writing style, which may be more subtle, metaphorical and effort-demanding. Not because one style is better than the other - although, to be honest, I mainly write simple lyrics because I wouldn't know how to write deep and meaningful ones - but because it requires less effort to think of comments.

Don't worry. Keep posting. It can't take much effort just to copy and paste what you already have into this forum can it?
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote