Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:53 PM   #19071 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
This refutes ALL your points

42%

You’re lost
42% of what...lol. Certainly not the working population of the United States. Average median income in late 2018 across all demographics and age groups was $55k a year. That's over hundreds of millions of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Sorry, it's clearly not as self-evident for you as it is for me. The terrible working conditions inform the high turnover rates, which is the issue at hand. It's not like your responses have actually refuted the idea of terrible working conditions for low pay being far too common.
This whole discussion opened up when people started whining after I brought up how Denmark, a capitalistic country, has the highest standard of living in the world. It is a lot easier to fix the problems we have than to burn down everything in favor of any form of communism. Then OH and others started bringing up their own situations into this and I slapped them down because they're irrelevant to the broader point I was making about the viability of capitalism for the vast majority of people.

"terrible working conditions" for somewhere around 3% to 5% of the total working population of the United States is solvable through policy changes, not by setting fire to everything and everyone.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-20-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote