Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #19153 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So they're just a minority which means that they don't matter, cool.
Lolwut, why are you projecting? You can vote for Trump and I'll vote for Yang or Warren like I've only said a billion times over at this point.

I'll also cite this from CNN Business (just because it's interesting)

Quote:
Here's the breakdown of the 95 million Americans who weren't working, according to the latest figures from the Atlanta Federal Reserve, which conducted a review based on figures through September:

-- 94.6 million people above the age of 16 were out of the workforce.

Of those:

-- 44.5 million were retired.

-- 14.5 million were in school or job training.

-- 12.8 million were taking care of a loved one.

-- 15.3 million weren't working because of an illness or disability.

In all, of the 94.6 million not working, 87.1 million were retired, in school, taking care of a loved one or physically unable to work.

That leaves 7.5 million people. What about them?

Of those, 1.6 million had looked for a job in the past year or wanted a job but had given up searching for more than a year. And 5.9 million workers listed "other" as a reason for not wanting or having a job. We don't know much about these workers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What about the 170 million people who fall outside of that working population? Are they also reaping the benefits of capitalism?
I don't know every single one of their individual stories, but I'm sure you'll run across a wide spectrum of opinions on that if you surveyed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Is he ignoring that point or is it a reading comprehension problem?
I read it, but it's irrelevant to the discussion when I can't monitor him in real time and see what or what he is or isn't doing and why he's at BK when other restaurants who are hiring have better wages. Trying to address something that anecdotal is an exercise in futility, just like arguing about the pros and cons of the ACA from person to person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Where the **** did you get that from, Ant?
I was looking at some other BLS-cited study about people higher than minimum wage and got my wording mixed up. I need to go back and fix it.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-21-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote